[Samba] winbind active directory credentials

Dylan Canfield dylan.canfield at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jan 12 17:48:12 MST 2012

I am trying to integrate Samba with our Active Directory server and map
Active Directory groups to local unix groups.

The problem is that our AD server does not allow anonymous users or
computer objects to query infomation about users or groups. For this
reason, using the net command to join the AD is not helpful. I am seeing a
lot of "NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED" lines in the winbind log because of this.

Is there a way to specify a username and password for winbind to use
when connecting to the AD server?

I am running Samba 3.5.9 and 32bit RHEL5

If any portion of the samba configs or logs would be useful I will be
happy to provide them.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards,
Dylan Canfield