[Samba] Samba 4 ldb_wrap open of idmap.ldb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 17 20:54:32 MST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 14:49 +0100, steve wrote:
> Hi everyone
> Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-bfc7481
>
> I'm using nslcd to map Samba 4 users to uid:gid and home directory. At
> startup I get this:

Why are you not using nss_winbind?

I know the Samba4 winbindd (started as a component of 'samba') isn't in
great shape, but it is the only way to get at the correct id mapping at
the moment.

There are many requests to get the UID/GID number back into LDAP (it
once was!), but we haven't done that work yet.  Part of the issue is
what to do when we need to allocate a new UID, as Microsoft's
implementation has no allocation procedure to use as a pattern.

Andrew Bartlett