[Samba] debian samba pdc

linux-service.be bvba guy at linux-service.be
Wed Jan 11 08:48:15 MST 2012

I try to join a debian squeeze box with a debian woody samba pdc.
I use samba and winbind on the squeeze box to join with the woody but keeps getting this error when doing
net rpc info or net rpc testdomain

root at steinerpc1:~# net rpc testjoin
cli_rpc_pipe_open_noauth: rpc_pipe_bind for pipe \netlogon failed with error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
net_rpc_join_ok: failed to get schannel session key from server woodyserver for domain domain on woody box.
Error was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
Join to domain 'domain on woody box' is not valid: NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

joining to another debian squeeze pdc is possible however.

i have no log files access at the debian woody box