[Samba] "getpeername failed" error when signed communications policy enabled

Hilton, David davidh at hp.com
Wed Jan 4 03:02:45 MST 2012

We've found a solution for this and it turns out to be a setting at the
Windows end:

If you add the value AllowGuestAuthWhenSigningRequired = 1 to the registry
key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Param
eters and then reboot the machine it all seems to work. Apparently this is
new behaviour in Windows 2008:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/os_fileservices/thread/832d395b-6
e6f-4658-8dbb-120138a4cd7c

David