[Samba] subdirectories have incorrect sizes

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Thu Jan 5 18:03:09 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 05:48:53PM -0800, John de la Garza wrote:

>> I just found out that the code that kind of works was patched and not
>> the regular samba code.  Thanks for replying.
>
> Can you send us the patch please ! That way we'll get it fixed
> for other users.

I'm cleaning up the patch so it doesn't rely on hardcoded share and dir names.

I plan to add some code to do this:

If the share path is not on the same device as say the rootfs
then  check all the dirs under the local dir (in my system they are
all mount points) and return back the size of the largest one...

if the devices have different sizes it may show one folder with more
available space
than it really has.   probably not idea

I'll get back to you when I'm done.