[Samba] Samba4 user mapping into filesystem

William Brown william.e.brown at adelaide.edu.au
Wed Feb 8 15:21:08 MST 2012

> The problem is that when I set ACL's from a Windows computer, the
> files with that owner can't be changed (i.e., Windows gives a
> 'retry/continue/cancel" dialog).  If I change those files to
> root:users, I can set ACL's on them all day long.

You likely don't have ACL's enabled on the filesystem that samba is sharing. You can check with

sudo tune2fs -l /dev/vg_lillie/lv_root | grep option

replacing your disk into that command. You should see something like

Default mount options:    user_xattr acl

If not, you should enable the filesystem ACL using tune2fs, then reboot your machine.

tune2fs -o acl /dev/sda1

Sincerely,

William Brown

Research & Teaching, Technology Services
The University of Adelaide, AUSTRALIA 5005

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
IMPORTANT: This message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you think it was sent to you by mistake, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. For the purposes of the SPAM Act 2003, this
email is authorised by The University of Adelaide.

pgp.mit.edu
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3C0AC6DAB2F928A2