[Samba] Remote Desktop Assistance / Take over session w/ Samba 4

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Mon Dec 24 09:27:25 MST 2012

The short question:  Is there a means for this to work?

The longer question follows.

I've seen Windows networks (with Windows servers, of course) where an
administrator could modify some settings in AD and then be able to
"break in" to a user session on a domain member workstation to be able
to fix things.  I'd like that functionality, too, but I'm not sure if it
is possible with Samba 4 being the AD DC.

There seem to be settings in the LDAP entries, but I don't know how to
use them or even if they're honored.  Does anyone know how this works,
and if it is possible to do with a S4 DC?

Additionally, would I have to have a Windows workstation to manage the
user workstations in this way, or could I use the RDP client e.g., in
Fedora to do it?

Thanks!

	Happy Holidays,

	Mike