[Samba] Problem with Kerberos in Samba4

Börje Johnsson borje.johnsson at hrmsoftware.se
Sat Dec 8 10:03:31 MST 2012

Hi

I have a problem when setting up samba4.
The server is Ubuntu 12.04 and the version of samba is 4.0.0rc6. I use a
clean install of samba.
I think that samba is configured correctly according to the HOWTO.

Samba is provisioned like this:
$ samba-tool domain provision --realm=hrm.local --domain=HRM
--adminpass='xxxx' --server-role=dc

resolv.conf:
domain hrm.local
nameserver 172.20.10.19

Every test in the HOWTO works until Kerberos is tested:

$ kinit administrator at HRM.LOCAL
kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'HRM.LOCAL' while getting initial
credentials

$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: Administrator at SAMBA.EXAMPLE.COM

Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
2012-12-08 16:38:15  2012-12-09 02:38:15  krbtgt/
SAMBA.EXAMPLE.COM at SAMBA.EXAMPLE.COM
renew until 2012-12-15 16:38:15
2012-12-08 16:38:15  2012-12-09 02:38:15  LOCALADMEMBER$@SAMBA.EXAMPLE.COM

That i weird because i have not used the "samba.example.com" domain in any
configuration.

$ cat krb5.conf:
[libdefaults]
 default_realm = HRM.LOCAL