[Samba] samba 3 create_connection_server_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Mauricio Perez mauricioestperez at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:22:45 MDT 2012

Hi everybody.... I'm trying to build a fileserver with samba. And I had it
ok when users where authenticating via samba, but I changed the
authentication method to OpenLDAP, and for some strange reason users can
not access the shares anymore... it is giving me this error:
"create_connection_server_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED".
I have chacked the permission in the SO and is 777 for the hole share
estructure.
I have tried to use "username =" but it enters any user, not only the
permited ones.
The LDAP server is authenticating right, I know because I use him as a base
for my DC's.
The server with that problem is not my PDC. It is just a fileserver.

I've read that it is because I'm using "valid users = " is that right? I've
tried to use "valid users" whit "write list" but it had no effect. I don't
know what to do any more.

thank's in advance. If anyone can help me, I will be very grateful

Here is my smb.conf

[global]
# ---------------- Autenticação -------------------
        workgroup = <DOMAIN IN PDC>
        netbios name = <NETBIOS NAME>
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = <IP OF LDAP>
        dos charset = ISO8859-1
        unix charset = UTF-8
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        winbind use default domain = yes
# ----------------- Recycle ---------------------
        recycle: keeptree = Yes
        recycle:maxsize = 0
        recycle:touch = True
        recycle:exclude = *.tmp,*.log,*.obj,~*.*,*.bak,*.iso,*.temp,*.o,~$*
        recycle:repository = /opt/FNMA/lixeira/%U
        recycle:noversions = *.doc|*.xls|*.ppt|*.dwg|*.dxf|*.txt
        recycle:exclude_dir = tmp, cache
        recycle:versions = Yes
# ---------------- Audit ---------------------
        full_audit:priority = notice
        full_audit:prefix = %m|%I|%u|%S
        full_audit:facility = local5
        full_audit:success = rename rmdir unlink open write
        full_audit:failure = none
# ---------------- Log   --------------------
        log level = 1
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        syslog = 0
        max log size = 1000
# --------------- Misc  ---------------------
        veto files =
/*.mp3/*.ogg/autorun.inf/autorun.vbs/autorun.bat/autorun.wsh/autorun.bin/autorun.reg/autorun.txt/AUTORUN.BMK/copy.exe/host.exe/*.tmp/*.temp/~$*/
        dns proxy = no
        load printers = no
        hide dot files = yes
# -------------------- Compartilhamentos -------------------

[FNMA]
        vfs objects = recycle, full_audit
        path = /opt/FNMA
        write list = <users>
        comment = Todos arquivos do FNMA
        valid users = <users>
        create mode = 0770
        directory mode = 775
        #vfs object = recycle, full_audit

[DIRETORIA]
        vfs objects = recycle, full_audit
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes
        path = /opt/FNMA/Diretoria
        force user = root
        comment = Arquivos da Diretoria
        valid users = @dir
        write list = @dir
        create mode = 770
        public = yes
        directory mode = 775

[CINF]
        force user = root
        comment = Coordenadoria de Informatica
        browseable = no
        valid users = @gead-cinf
        write list = @gead-cinf
        writeable = yes
        create mode = 770
        path = /opt/FNMA/GEAD/CINF
        directory mode = 775
        #vfs objects = recycle, full_audit
[CCON]
        vfs objects = recycle, full_audit
        writeable = yes
        path = /opt/FNMA/GEAD/CCON
        force user = root
        comment = Coordenadoria de Contratos e Convenios
        valid users = @gead-ccon, at gead
        write list = @gead-ccon, at gead
        public = yes
        create mode = 770