[Samba] Problems connecting win7 client to new Samba PDC

Brandon bstepp at mindgrub.com
Thu Aug 9 16:03:17 MDT 2012

> Are your group mappings correct?   I ask because it may be that the
> "Domain Users" is not properly recognized as a member of the "Users"
> group on the PC.  Can you login as the domain (or local) admins and
> explicitly add domain users and domain groups to a local group?

An update to this: I was able to add domain users after a reboot.  So
I've added MYWORKGROUP\myadmin to my Users group on the local machine.

I was also able to search my domain for users, and came up with a list
of my users, a nobody user, and a Domain Admins group.  I've added
MYWORKGROUP\myadmin (user) and MYWORKGROUP\Domain Admins (group) to the
User group on the local machine.  I am still getting the same errors
when logging on though.

It seems to me like it's trying to pull a roaming profile when I have
roaming profiles disabled (or I thought I did), and/or windows doesn't
actually know the netbios name, based on the series of these events:

Windows cannot copy file \\?\C:\Users\Default\Documents to location
\\?\C:\Users\TEMP.MYWORKGROUP\Documents. This error may be caused by
network problems or insufficient security rights.