[Samba] Thank-you to Samba developers

nicholas geovanis nickgeovanis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:52:25 MDT 2012

Here's a short quote from a work-related email I sent earlier today,
announcing AD authentication from a linux VM. It expresses my awe at the
folks who write and maintain Samba, and it's long overdue from me:

It’s been 3 or 4 years since I configured Samba; it’s always a challenge
for me, mainly due to my poor understanding of MSoft networking. Then when
it works, I offer a silent prayer for those crazy Australians who
originated it. The pain they must have endured in getting it to work
boggles my mind. In that respect it may be the most impressive open-source
project out there, and they haven’t slowed-down in the least.

You folks deserve every accolade......Nick Geo