[Samba] Samba for Mac OS X

Daniel Sutton danielsutton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:02:48 MDT 2011

Dear Samba Community,

Because Apple has transitioned away from the open-source SAMBA protocol for
their new 10.7 release of Mac OS X, I was wondering if there is a
third-party solution to fill this void.  Because OS X is based on Darwin,
and Darwin is an open-source "free" version of UNIX, I thought there might
be a solution with an Aqua front-end that would make it easier for Mac
machines to connect to Windows networks.  If you are able to answer my
question, I would be very happy!

Thank you so much, and have a great week,

--Daniel

Daniel Sutton
danielsutton at gmail.com