[Samba] Linux Samba Server: empty shares on (Mac) clients

Ray ray at renegade.zapto.org
Tue Sep 13 08:18:40 MDT 2011

 Hi,

 I run a Samba Server on openSuSE 11.4 with LDAP Authentication Backend.
 appears to work fine. However, only some shares work on my Mac client
 boxes: for instance, i can browse my home directory on the Linux box
 (/home/ray), whereas other shares are simply empty ("r01" below) on the
 mac (but they are shown as connected).

 [homes]
 	comment = Home Directories
 	valid users = %S, %D%w%S
 	browseable = No
 	read only = No
 	inherit acls = Yes
 [r01]
 	comment = r01
 	path = /local/r01
 	valid users = ray
 	browseable = Yes
 	read only = Yes
 	inherit acls = Yes

 I get errors like the one below when accessing the shares:

 [2011/09/13 12:05:55.141244,  0] smbd/dir.c:304(dptr_close)
   Invalid key 0 given to dptr_close

 I could not find anything useful googling for this.

 Can anyone help me out here?

 Cheers,
 Ray