[Samba] tattooing of tdbsam backend with logon script value

Pat Emblen samba at talbragar.com.au
Sat Oct 15 05:52:13 MDT 2011

On 15/10/11 19:15, Harry Jede wrote:
> On 10:09:50 wrote Chris Smith:
>> All users whose "logon script" values have not been explicitly
>> defined automagically inherit the value that "logon script" is set
>> to in smb.conf. And one can change the "logon script" for all such
>> users simply by changing said value in smb.conf. However, once a
>> logon script value value has been explicitly defined for a user this
>> inheritance ability (as the explicit definition should not be
>> overwritten) seems forever lost. I have not found a method to undo
>> this tattooed state to allow for the automagic inheritance of the
>> smb.conf "logon script" value. Therefore said users, who have once
>> had an explicitly defined "logon script" value can (seemingly) no
>> longer returned to the state where they use whatever "logon script"
>> is defined in smb.conf.
>>
>> Is there a way to reset said users, removing the tattooing effect?
> Set the value of "logon script" to the empty string "".
>
> # pdbedit -S ""<user>
>
> This works with ldapsam and should also work with tdbsam.
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris

It doesn't work here, it just sets the logon script to blank, the
smb.conf default doesn't come back.

root at sheldon:/home/smb/netlogon# pdbedit -S "" talcom
Unix username:        talcom
NT username:
Account Flags:        [U          ]
User SID:             BLAH
Primary Group SID:    BLAH
Full Name:            talcom
Home Directory:       \\sheldon\talcom
HomeDir Drive:
Logon Script:
Profile Path:         \\sheldon\profiles\talcom
Domain:               SHELDON
Account desc:
Workstations:
Munged dial:
Logon time:           0
Logoff time:          9223372036854775807 seconds since the Epoch
Kickoff time:         9223372036854775807 seconds since the Epoch
Password last set:    Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:03:00 EST
Password can change:  Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:03:00 EST
Password must change: never
Last bad password   : 0
Bad password count  : 0
Logon hours         : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Pat