[Samba] Password expires every month even though 'Password Must Change' is set to 'never' (Samba+LDAP)

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:39:26 MDT 2011

I also had similar issues. I remember if you change those settings in
configuration files, the new users will get the settings right but the
users created before that configuration change willl not be affected.

One more thing to check is defaultMaxPasswordAge setting in
/etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf file. What is it set to?

I have commented out that entry in my SAMBA+LDAP setup.

Thanks,
Up