[Samba] VFS ACL modules - question to developers

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Nov 29 11:30:47 MST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 09:19:16AM +0100, adrian.berlin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Do you have any update?
>
> Best regards
> /Adrian Berlin
>
> Dnia 24 listopada 2011 12:43 adrian.berlin <adrian.berlin at o2.pl> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > 1. To check acl_tdb limits I used this script (on Windows):
> >
> > @echo off
> > for /l %%i in (1,1,100000) do (
> > icacls.exe \\IP_address\smb_share\folder /grant user%%i:F
> >

> > I could write only 22 entries.
> >
> > 2. Please see document on scribd http://www.scribd.com/doc/73654474/vfs-acls

That's a really interesting document. I'd like to work
on that with you to make Samba behave exactly how you
expect.

I have a jumbo patch for 3.6.x which should fix the
issues you're having with READ_ATTRIBUTES/WRITE_ATTRIBUTES.

There are no limits in the acl_tdb code that would
cause it to behave as you describe. What you may
be seeing are limits in mapping the incoming ACL
down onto the underlying file system.

Do you have debug level 10 logs of this ?

What is your underlying file system ?

Jeremy.