[Samba] Issue with Links on shares

Keith.Stevens at fms.treas.gov Keith.Stevens at fms.treas.gov
Fri Nov 18 14:30:38 MST 2011

Hello,

We are having issues when accessing linked directories within a share. If
we create a share at the linked level its fine. We get access denied when
we try to access any linked directory from within the share otherwise.

Here is the smb.conf: (The share that we are having the problem with is in
bold.)

# FROM CLEARCASE GUIDE ON HOW TO SETUP
   host msdfs = no
   bind interfaces only = no
==============================
[ccstg]
   comment = clearcase
   path = /usr/clearcase/ccstg/views/cm
   public = yes
   read only = no
#   writable = yes
# FROM CLEARCASE GUIDE ON HOW TO SETUP
   create mask = 0775
   directory mask = 0775
# MS-DOS attribute mapping option
   map archive = no
   map hidden = no
   map system = no
# Locking options
   oplocks = no
   level2 oplocks = no
#   kernel oplocks = no
# File-name handling options
   case sensitive = no
   preserve case = yes
# Other
  follow symlinks = yes
#   wide links = yes
[ccadmin]
   comment = clearcase admin
   path = /usr/clearcase
   read list = jpage001, mrober01, dnalla01, mkuzme01
   write list = jpage001, mrober01, dnalla01, mkuzme01

Thanks,

Keith Stevens

This E-mail and its attachments (if any) are intended solely for
the use of the addressee(s) and may contain sensitive but
unclassified information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance
thereon) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
E-mail and any attachments.