[Samba] Windows users are displayed as UID in ACL.

David Roid dataroid at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:48:21 MDT 2011

Greetings list,

After my Samba 3.5.8 server left then rejoined the same Windows 2003 AD, I
found that some Windows users, to be exact, those who has got their ACE
explicitly set in the ACL are displayed as UIDs, instead of their names.
This can be observed by getfacl or Windows explorer, and it won't get right
over time until manual execution of "wbinfo --user-info=<dom\user>". One
exception is that Windows administrator is always displayed correctly.

Winbind is configured into nsswitch.conf and I have these in my smb.conf

<smb.conf>
        acl map full control = No
        ea support = Yes
        store dos attributes = Yes