[Samba] Samba 4 and gpo in win7

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:34:13 MDT 2011

On 13 May 2011 13:23, Kalle Pettersson <taetre at bredband.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could access sysvol directory per default from xp and win7 machines.
>
> Tried adding adding host msdfs = yes in smb.conf.
>
> Afterwards non of the clients could access sysvol directory through explorer view.

First, what path did you try to connect to exactly?  Assuming your
server is called server.example.com, did you connect to \\SERVER\...
or was it \\example.com\...?

> And still no gpo applying for win7 clients.
>
> I´m kinda confused. Are gpo suppose to work with samba4 and win7?
> It works perfect with my win xp clients.

I think it is supposed to work, but I've not tried it.  I'm sure one
of the Samba developers will say if it's not supposed to work.

Did you try getting a packet capture as requested by Matthieu?

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>