[Samba] Microsoft Outlook pst files unable to open or create

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Tue May 10 13:14:40 MDT 2011

"Microsoft Outlook's personal folders (*.pst) react quite badly to
oplocks."

This statement got to me.  So I created a share on the local drive of
the server and wallah..Outlook can write a .pst file.  So it has to do
with doing it over nfs.  I could understand this from an OS level, but I
cannot wrap my head around  why only outlook?  Every other application
works fine.