[Samba] Samba 3.5.8 - windows XP workstations disapear from browselist

BartekR bojleros at gmail.com
Sun May 8 02:10:26 MDT 2011

W dniu 07.05.2011 22:25, Chris Smith pisze:

> Try changing the above parameters.
>
> Eliminate, or comment out:
> # socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=16384 SO_RCVBUF=16384
>
> Change the rest to either:

> or preferably this:
> security = user
> os level = 32
> domain master = yes
> preferred master = yes

Tested twice. No success. XP Workstation keeps disappearing as usual :/

> You can still have guest shares with security = user, see:
> http://blog.realcomputerguy.com/2010/12/samba-and-guest-shares-with-security.html

So security = share is some kind of outdated option ? I used it in past
without any problems.

> The smb.conf man page states that preferred master is best used with
> domain master. It doesn't hurt to have a domain controller even you
> don't join any systems to it.

Thanks for this information too. My manual for smb.conf is shorter from
what i remember from past. I have no preciseful option descriptions.

One more time: Thanks!

Bartek R.