[Samba] Build error with Samba 3.5.6

Stan.Pietkiewicz at statcan.gc.ca Stan.Pietkiewicz at statcan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 28 14:08:30 MDT 2011

I'm trying to build Samba 3.5.6 with winbind enabled on a Solaris 10
machine and I've hit the following errors:

Error without -lintl in the Makefile:

libintl_gettext                     utils/net.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8)
libintl_textdomain                  utils/net.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8)
libintl_bindtextdomain              utils/net.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/net

Error with -lintl in the Makefile:

Linking shared library bin/pam_winbind.so
libintl_bindtextdomain              ../nsswitch/pam_winbind.o
libintl_dgettext                    ../nsswitch/pam_winbind.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
bin/pam_winbind.so

I did find some posts (archived email to the Samba list) with this
error, and I've tried the suggested solutions, but it still fails. Any
suggestions?

Thanks.....

Stan