[Samba] ldap idmap backend

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Thu Mar 17 07:30:51 MDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 04:02:29PM +0300, Vladimir Vassiliev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i use Samba 3.5.6 in ads mode (Windows 2008R2) with ldap idmap backend. Servers run Centos 4 and 5.
> I can't cope with next issue for long time.
>
> On all servers in domain winbind constantly tries to create mapping for
> <SID>-513
> and fails because of already existing entry.
> It just wastes gid range.

<DOMAIN-SID>-513 is the Domain Users group.

> Note that <SID> is not SID of main domain but another which name
> equal to hostname. For example on host FMS in domain CORP I have:
>
> wbinfo --all-domains
> BUILTIN
> FMS
> CORP

Why have you created a local computer domain, out of interest?  Windows
does this, but you don't have to do it with samba.  This has been the
cause of your problem; winbind is trying to map both <CORP-SID>-513 and
<FMS-SID>-513 to the same local group.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"