[Samba] Samba PDC adding new user, profile dir is not created

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Mar 16 06:01:52 MDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:16:52PM +0100, J. Echter wrote:
> no, i want to have a profile dir created when a new created user
> logs in. that's it. :)

Well, as long as you have the correct acls on the share and permissons
on the directory, the user's workstation should try to create the
user directory on the profiles share when the user first logs in.  As
far as I can see, your share definition and directory permissions are
sufficient.

What do you have in your "logon path" setting in smb.conf?

And can you see anything in the logs?

> in my setup it doesnt get created.
>
> permission:
>
> drwxrwxrwx  4 root   root    4096 Feb 12 10:51 samba

Um, if that's the /home/samba directory from your
/home/samba/profile/%username profile path, then you've set the
permissions there insecurely; ordinary users don't need to be creating
directories in /home/samba, so you shouldn't need any more than 755 (or
even 751) permissions there.

> drwxrwxrwx 16 root   root   4096 Mar 16 11:50 profile

Assuming that is /home/samba/profile, then I would recommend you change
the permissions from 777 to 1777.  It's a minor point and doesn't have
anything to do with your problem.

If you create these directories manually and then a user logs in, does
the user's profile information then appear in their profile directory?

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.