[Samba] Win7/W2K8 R2 sp1

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 04:57:02 MDT 2011

I had two Win 7 (x64) machines.  Both of which crashed while installing
updates (presumably SP1) via auto-updates   yesterday morning.  I was
talking to someone from another company and this is clearly a common event.
I have done a clean install of one with Win 7 (x64.)  I then downloaded and
manually installed SP1.  The machine was able to join the domain and I was
able to log into the domain.

I am running Samba 3.4.9 on the PDC (and had just updated one of the 2 BDC's
to Samba 3.4.12.)

Have you tried removing the machine from the domain and rejoining?

What OS are you running?  If you are on FC11 or FC12 samba 3.4.x should be
available via yum.