[Samba] Printer drivers installation: files are not deleted

Laurent Blume laurent at opensolaris.org
Mon Mar 14 02:04:21 MDT 2011

Le 13.03.2011 22:37, Thomas Stegbauer a écrit :
> i have a similar problem, here.
> When trying to add a new printer via apw from a winXP32, the driver
> files get copied over to print$ on the ubuntu 10.04 Server (Samba 3.4.7)
> afterwards it says "Permission denied" And the driver get not registered.

I think thatś most probably a permission issue on the server. Does the
user you connect with have printer administrator privilege? Ie, member
of the printadm group or similar?

> Where do you geht the filenames, the drivers needs?
> as i cant use rpcclient to register the drivers from commandline.

I followed the documentation on that: I install them on a clean test
system (win7 x64), then extract the list of files and the files
themselves using rpcclient. That part works.

Laurent