[Samba] group mapping question

markus hansen hansenmarkus at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 07:48:46 MST 2011

Hi List,

I recently posted about problems i am having with deleting files belonging to members of the same unix group (as the mapped AD user that wants to delete the file via samba). I now figured out, that one possible solution is to map that unix Group to an AD group (while creating the AD group and adding users to it first).

Question: Is local group membership (on the samba server) of the mapped AD user irrelevant in that case? (Is the membership to domain groups the only group information that counts here?)

regards

Markus