[Samba] samba cuts temporary files from users

marcos gonzalez marcos.gonzalez.cruz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 04:41:02 MST 2011

Hi guys

I would like to comment a problem using samba 3.3.2 inside my windows
domain. I have different shared folders, and users detect when opens a file,
every time that goes to save it, appears message "file is using by other
application" and can't save it If not await 5 minutes more or less. It
generates a lot of temporary files (actually 912) producing false errors and
I don't know If samba is behind the problem. At first I was thinking that
was a Office problem, but other software made the same too.

Someone had the same problem?

Thanks and Best Regards