[Samba] Samba WINS issues over VPN

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 07:27:03 MST 2011

Thanks for the suggestion.    Do you use OpenVPN-  if you do then I can
be fairly confident that the issue is related with Sonicwall. Ripping
out and replacing my existing VPN infrastructure however is not an easy
solution,

The practical problem is that I have an issue with accessing sone Samba
server over VPN by name.  Every other samba or windows server is
fine.    I can't quite figure out what is wrong with the one samba
server (I have another post to the forums on this) but if I could get
WINS working over VPN that would probably resolve the problem.  I will
open up the issue with Sonicwall support.

At least, in theory, it sounds like WINS should work over VPN.

Thanks