[Samba] Fwd: Howto Backup Domain Controller (BDC) for the Primary Domain Controller (PDC) in Centos Openldap+samba 3.3 Please send to...

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 05:58:23 MDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Muqtadir Kamal <smkamal2001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

I backup the PDC and BDCs just like any other linux machine using
bacula. If you want you can add an extra step you can slapcat to a
compressed file on the master ldap server (assuming you are using
openldap-2.3.X) before you run the backup. As for shares my PDC and
BDCs do not share files directly so there is not much to backup for
these. The domain member servers is where all the 30 TB+ of samba data
is on my network at work.

John