[Samba] trusted domain authentication not working

James Osbourn james.osbourn at citrix.com
Fri Jun 24 08:33:32 MDT 2011

I have a samba member server setup for AD domain X.Y.net, this domain only holds computer objects.  Domain Y.net contains all of the user accounts.  Domain X.Y.net trusts domain Y.net one way only.

The server is working and if I connect as a domain X.Y.net user I can connect ok.  If I try as a domain Y.net user I cannot connect.  The server does not seem to authenticating users from the trusted domain.  If I run wbinfo -m I can see domain Y.net listed, but wbinfo -u does not list users for the Y.net domain.

Kinit seems to work.

Any help appreciated

James