[Samba] quite dramatic and sudden problem...

Jack Downes jax at nwmt.us
Tue Jun 14 12:30:37 MDT 2011

I had a similar experience a few years back... mine turned out to be that the network mask on the linux machine didn't match the office network mask.  Sometimes machines would work, sometimes not, such a simple thing took forever to figure out because we kept tyring to sort out why the windows7 machines didn't want to talk with the samba machines.

Maybe not your issue, but perhaps it's something equally simple for you?

Jack Downes <jax at nwmt.us>