[Samba] [printer]

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:05:55 MDT 2011

Hello,

I have configured samba as a PDC for Windows XP machines. It is
running as domain. I haven't configured security = paramter but I
assume it defaults to value 'user' . In this case if I have to share
ALL printers on this system for anonymous printing, can I use security
= share inside [printer] section and guest = ok then will it allow
printing from local accounts on windows XP machines which are in
domain? I don't want to set security=share in Global section.

I believe there must be a way to get this to work. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
~A