[Samba] DFS root only works for more recent Windows clients

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Thu Jun 9 05:09:26 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:42:48PM +0200, Daniel Müller wrote:
> For me working without any trouble. Centos 5.5,5.4,5.6.
> Did you:
> host msdfs=yes???

That's the default setting for host msdfs, so there should be no need to
set it.  But yes, I did set it explicitly and it made no difference.
It is now longer explicitly specified, but
	"testparm --parameter-name 'host msdfs'
returns "Yes".  Remember, this works for recent versions of windows, so
msdfs *is* enabled.

--
Bruce

Hierophant: someone who remembers, when you are on the way down,
everything you did to them on the way up.