[Samba] idmap backend = tdb2 is broken in Ubuntu / Debian

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Jun 6 22:43:58 MDT 2011

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle at debian.org):

> The fix has been committed in the Debian package SVN. It will reach
> Debian unstable, then Ubuntu, when we upload a new release.

A new package fixing this was uploaded in Debian unstable on Sunday
June 5th. Package version is 2:3.5.8~dfsg-5.

For Ubuntu, a resync with Debian unstable should fix the problem in
the currently developed version "whatever funky name it might have" (I
can't cope with Ubuntu release names!). A fix is probably needed for
Ubuntu 11.04. I think that the diff between Debian 2:3.5.8~dfsg-4 and
-5 should be OK. I'm not sure whether the problem is also in the
current Ubuntu LTS.

I'm awaiting for the Debian release managers approval for a fix to be
uploaded for Debian stable.