[Samba] Shutdown hangs since setting up Samba

beweta at gmx.com beweta at gmx.com
Fri Jun 3 04:11:47 MDT 2011

Hi,

I installed the Samba client on Kubuntu 11.4 and set up a Samba network drive over WLAN to my QNAP NAS TS-110. Therefore, I made following entry in /etc/fstab to mount the network drive on startup.

//192.168.2.200/ben /media/NAS/ben  cifs credentials=/home/ben/.smbcredentials,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

Automount and write-access are working, but since then my computer hangs on shutdown with following error messages:

mount error(101): Network is unreachable
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
mountall: mount /media/NAS/ben [903] terminated with status 32

Best Regards,
Benedikt