[Samba] Samba + LDAP + SMBLDAP-Tools + Roaming Profiles

J. Echter j.echter at elektro-mayer-echter.de
Mon Jul 25 06:38:36 MDT 2011

Am 22.07.2011 17:48, schrieb TAKAHASHI Motonobu:
> From: "J. Echter" <j.echter at elektro-mayer-echter.de>
> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:51:25 +0200
>
>> Am 20.07.2011 18:08, schrieb TAKAHASHI Motonobu:
>> hi,
>>
>> tried all your hints. still now profiles found...
>
> Hmmmm...
>
> My testing environment is available at
>   ftp://ftp.ring.gr.jp/pub/net/samba-jp/vmware_player_images/sambapdc-squeeze-20110713.zip
>
> In this environment,
>
> 1) # chmod 1777 /var/lib/samba/shares/profiles
> 2) changing "hide files" and "profiles acls" same as yours
> 3) # pdbedit -p \\sambapdc\profiles\username username
> 4) Logging on as the user, roaming profiles is successfully created.
>
> I'm using "ldapsam:editposix" instead of smbldap-tools, so this may
> not help you...
>
> ---
> TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>

Hi,

there's something wrong with my config... the successful logins are only
able because the users are already there as local unix accounts.

i created a new user 'test' and this one can't even login.

something with nsswitch seems configured wrong, imho. i get an error
like 'no unix account found'.

i will post the details about that later, i have to wait till i can
switch the smb.conf again.

cheers

juergen.