[Samba] CIFS proxy

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 6 15:22:35 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 17:25 -0300, Maximiliano Bertacchini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to run a Samba CIFS proxy (not DFS) in an AD environment.
>
> I've checked samba4's ntvfs cifs module but it won't even compile and I
> guess it's not ready for production.

Samba4's CIFS proxy is what you want.  If you have issues compiling
Samba4, then let's deal with those.  The CIFS proxy is quite well tested
as part of our automated test suite, and I would be far happier using it
in production than going via the linux kernel CIFS client.

The Samba4 CIFS proxy supports both accepting forward-able Kerberos
tickets, and newly developed by metze) using S2U4Proxy to get the
tickets itself.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>