[Samba] Access problem: root Ok, but not home

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 5 09:00:33 MDT 2011

Hi,

please also try with a user with uid => 1000 ( or greater )
change : valid users = paul
valid users = %U

and why dont u use the default for the users  like this:
[homes]
        comment = Private docs of user - %U
        read only = No
        create mask = 0644
        directory mask = 0775
        browseable = Yes

this is also useable for xp, when you enter \\servername\paul

is your /home a nfs mount of other external source.
the also use this in the [homes]:
      wide links = yes
      follow symlinks = yes

and add this in global config: