[Samba] pdbedit "password must change" not following policy

Chris Beach chrisb at pintys.com
Mon Jul 4 08:16:27 MDT 2011

I completely missed this message some how, thank you, looking at the tdb
file using tdbtool I do see that "maximum password age" appears to be set to
Z where on the newer version of samba, it doesn't appear to be set.

I'm not sure what Z stands for, but is there a way I could go about
correcting this, or is my only option to update samba on the server
(success) so it will corectly report the password policy of the LDAP server
it is using?

Thanks for all the help.