[Samba] Xerox Workcentre pro 5740 PCL6 driver installation fails

Mark Adams mark at campbell-lange.net
Tue Jan 11 03:45:50 MST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 01:45:06PM -0600, charles wrote:
>  >> From: Mark Adams
> >> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> >> Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:55:33 +0000
> >> Subject: [Samba] Xerox Workcentre pro 5740 PCL6 driver installation fails
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Anyone got this working with Samba? (3.5.4)
> >>
> >> I'm trying to install the driver, it copies across OK but then says
> >>
> >> "An unexpected error occurred in the print driver. Close the current
> >> driver window and retry the operation. 074:000:0061"
> >>
> >> Retrying doesn't help... The PS driver installs, but this lacks ALL of
> >> the options that come with the printer.
> >>
> >> Any help appreciated.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Mark
>
> try installing the driver to a windows workstation first. then manually
> installing the driver to server via server propteries dialog from that
> windows workstation using "%windir%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86" as the
> driver source.

Thanks for the suggestion, When I do this it says there are no drivers
for my device. I notice when I install locally instead of the drivers
going in to the "3" folder they go in to a folder called
"xeroxworkcentre_57401884" I tried to copy this to the server aswell but
it didn't make a difference.

It has been suggested a utility from cisco "print_fix.exe" might correct
the problem, but I can't find out where to source this - does anyone
know?

Or does anyone have anything else I can try?

Best Regards,
Mark