[Samba] Samba with multiple domains with LDAP backend

Santiago DIEZ santiago.diez at quark-systems.com
Sat Feb 26 16:43:44 MST 2011

Hi Lorenzo,

I just finished configuring multiple domains on one server (debian + samba).
I also had the IP issue and solved it with only one network card.
The idea is to create as many aliases as you need (eth0:0 is an alias for
eth0).

my */etc/network/interfaces* file:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.254
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.1.1
auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.253
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        # no gateway for aliases
auto eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet static
        address 192.168.1.252
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        # no gateway for aliases

It is also important to change the */etc/hosts* file:
127.0.0.1      localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.254  server1.domain1 server1
192.168.1.253  server2.domain2 server2
192.168.1.252  server3.domain3 server3

I'd be happy to share issues and successes.

---
*Santiago DIEZ
Directeur
*+33 6 37 90 81 98