[Samba] Multiple logins from different machines

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Thu Feb 17 10:02:40 MST 2011

Excerpts from Andre Truter's message of Thu Feb 17 11:21:53 -0500 2011:
> Hallo,
>
> We have set up a Samba server for a client.
> They have a very basic setup.  Just 3 user accounts and each account is to be used by more than one person.
>
> Problem is that SAMBA only allows one person to login with the account.  As soon as the second person tries to log in, they get the error "Multiple logins not allowed".
>
> Is it possible to allow multiple logins from different PC's using the same account?
Not really. You should create separate Windows profiles. The only way I
know is to access the shares using different names ie \\IP\share then
\\NetBIOS_NAME\share ...etc. But it's likely going to lead them to
problems.

--
Thanks,
Phil