[Samba] samba4 LDAP Timeout - Wrong IP?

Andrew Wilkinson drukargin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:27:26 MST 2011

Greetings, all.

I am trying to join a samba4 server to an existing Windows SBS 2003 domain
as a DC.  I've compiled samba4 from git and am following the howto.  On what
is essentially the first step, I get a "failed to connect" error with an
ldap:// url, and the message NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT.  In reviewing an strace,
it looks to me like it might be trying to connect to the wrong IP.

The command I'm using is: # strace -o ~/samba-join.log bin/samba-tool join
ba-cam.local DC -Uadministrator --realm=ba-cam.local -d10 &>
~/samba-tool.log

I've put pastes up of the -d10 output of samba-tool, and the strace.

samba-tool output: http://pastey.net/145858
strace log: http://pastey.net/145857

Note that it appears to correctly find the IP of the PDC (192.168.14.253),
but in the strace on lines 5486 and 5496, it's talking about a
192.167.14.253, which will of course time out.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a bug?  Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

-Andrew