[Samba] unable to access swat with password on Unix server running AIX

Larocque, Jeff JeffLarocque at catholichealth.net
Tue Dec 27 13:33:59 MST 2011

I get this error and the only way around it is to use option "-a"

[2011/12/21 15:25:55, 0] auth/pampass.c:smb_pam_passcheck(810)
  smb_pam_passcheck: PAM: smb_pam_auth failed - Rejecting User root !

All the information I found out about this issue is for linux. AIX is not setup on this server to use pam and it does not have a /etc/pam.d file

I downloaded three versions of samba from pware. The newest for 32 and 64 bit and an older version with the same problem with all three.

Everything works except accessing swat using a password.

I think it has something to do with AIX 6.1 because I am running samba on another server that is running AIX 5.3 without this issue

I am still researching but if anyone has seen this before I would like to hear from you

Thanks

This electronic mail and any attached documents is intended solely for the named addressee(s) and contains confidential information.  If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this email to an addressee, you have received this email in error and are notified that reading, copying, or disclosing this email is prohibited. If you received this email in error, immediately reply to the sender and delete the message completely from your computer system.