[Samba] Does SAMBA4 Support AppLocker in Group Policies?

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Dec 18 09:10:56 MST 2011

On 16/12/2011 20:53, bakytn wrote:
> Hello!
>
> AppLocker is a newer technique which allows users to control access to
> certain programs
>
> and it was introduced in Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7 (clients).
>
> I wonder does SAMBA 4 support it?
I think it's supported as I think that the applocker mechanism is
managed on each computer/server member of the domain.
Basically with the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) you define the
rules for this service and they got downloaded by each client when it
synchronize the GPO.

The thing you need to find is the .adm or .admx with the GPO for
applocker, or just check if it's here in the GPMC.

Let us know.

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team