[Samba] Long Pause the First Time I Do an 'ls' on Linux.

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Fri Aug 19 10:24:28 MDT 2011

We have a lot of users on our AD domain, and the more we add the longer
it takes to get a directory listing on my Linux servers. When I do 'ls
-l' it might take 20 seconds before the listing starts. However, if I
immediately do 'ls -l' again, it comes up quickly. I assume this is
because samba/winbind is polling the AD domain controller on the first
attempt. Is there any way to speed this up?

--

Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - August 19, 2011
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for samba at lists.samba.org. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.