[Samba] base_rid = 1000 didn't work; base_rid = 0 works; (was:[ Re: samba 3.6: "autorid" has no domain order ])

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 05:41:45 MDT 2011

Hello Christian,

i could send you over the logs. But they realy show no sign of something
is going wrong.

The problem is "solved" for me.

The config that does not work is :

>> >         idmap config * : backend     = rid
>> >         idmap config * : range       = 70000 - 99999
>> >         idmap config * : base_rid    = 1000
>> >
>> >         idmap config A : backend     = rid
>> >         idmap config A : range       = 100000 - 199999
>> >         idmap config A : base_rid    = 1000
>> >
>> >         idmap config B : backend  = rid
>> >         idmap config B : range    = 200000 - 299999
>> >         idmap config B : base_rid = 1000

The config that works is :

         idmap config * : backend     = rid
         idmap config * : range       = 70000 - 99999
         idmap config * : base_rid    = 0

         idmap config A : backend     = rid
         idmap config A : range       = 100000 - 199999
         idmap config A : base_rid    = 0

         idmap config B : backend  = rid
         idmap config B : range    = 200000 - 299999
         idmap config B : base_rid = 0

I could reproduce this error as often as i want. when i set base_rid to
1000, "getent passwd" does not get any information. and "wbinfo -S aSID"
shows WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND.

Whe i set base_rid to 0 everthing just works fine.

i still have the logs, and i could send them to you. But i realy see no
differnce in the logs between "Base_rid = 1000" and "base_rid = 0"

by the way "wbinfo -u" and "wbinfo -g" works fine with both configs.

Regards,
Benedikt

P.S.: Thanks for the nice work.