[Samba] 3.6.0 winbind issues

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Aug 17 05:44:56 MDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 21:11 -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:

> Generally, I've more often found that for someone looking to uncover
> a problem, giving more information, on the average, is more helpful
> in eventual solving or finding the core of the problem.
----
nothing succeeds in getting answers better than a short focused
question.

I tend to believe that people who post long unfocused issues on support
lists are flailing to such an extent, that by the time their question
gets to most on the list, they have made substantive changes and any
suggestions were for conditions that probably don't still exist.

One paragraph to state your problem, one paragraph to state what you
have tried and after that, settings that you are currently employing if
relevant. Any verbiage beyond that becomes self-defeating.

Craig

believed to be clean.