[Samba] SSO's availability

Frédéric Bérard frederic.berard at bbox.fr
Wed Aug 3 12:03:37 MDT 2011

Le 03/08/2011 10:30, Bruce Richardson a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 08:17:01PM +0200, Frédéric Bérard wrote:
>> Is it possible to configure a system of authentication based on SSO
>> samba (and certainly ldap and lot of others things) ?
> Which things need to authenticate?  At my current workplace, I've set up
> Samba with an LDAP backend.  Linux machines, switches, web applications
> and various devices authenticate directly against the LDAP backend;
> Windows machines (or anything which needs Windows authentication and
> file services) use Samba.  It all plays nicely and satisfies all our
> current needs.  What are your needs?  Do you have a specific requirement
> for Active Directory (or equivalent)?
>
>> Is it possible to do this without any windows's system which act as
>> any authority ?
> Absolutely.
>
>> Wat I mean is that I would like to do this only one linux's computer....
> Unless your network is very small, I'd recommend using a minimum of two,
> so that your whole system doesn't fail because of a problem on your only
> domain controller.
>

> Hello all,

In first step I want to authenticate my users to allow them to go on
Internet through my squidguard which is filtering the asked request by
groups without oblige the users to re-enter their login/password couple
each time they send a request.

After I would like to allow all my users who works both on Windows's
computers and Linux's computers with only one centralized profile.

No I have no need to any Active Directory, I don't know what that could
helps to me and I don't know exactly what it is.

And my last and most important requirement, I would like to be able to
do everything with Linux OS.

Thanks a lot for your answer which has confirmed me lots of things...

If you have any howto to purpose it will be very pleasant,